The Account Summary page is where you manage your accounts, assets, and liabilities within PocketSmith.
Use the Account Summary page to manage all your online and offline bank accounts, assets, and liabilities in one place. You can also use this page to add new bank feeds, import bank files, view and edit the settings on your accounts, or use the date picker to view a snapshot of your accounts over a specific time period.
If you have bank feeds, you can see the status of each of your bank feed accounts on the Account Summary page. You can check when a bank feed last synced, which accounts are ready to connect and whether or not there are any connection issues or errors.
- What is the Ready to connect section?
- Once you've added a bank feed, you'll need to connect your bank accounts from that bank feed into PocketSmith. To do this, click on the drop down arrow in the Ready to connect section. For each account that you'd like to connect, either create it as a new account or link it to an existing account (option 2 is only recommended if you're adding a bank feed to an offline account). Learn more here: Connect your bank accounts to PocketSmith
- Can I change the order of my accounts on the Account Summary?
- You sure can! Just head to the Settings menu and select Organize Accounts and Scenarios. From here you'll be able to drag and drop your accounts into your preferred order. Learn more here: Change the display order of your accounts
- How do I hide/ignore accounts from the Account Summary?
- When you add a bank feed to PocketSmith, we will show you all of the accounts within the bank feed that are available on the Account Summary page in the Ready to connect section. You may only want to connect some of your accounts and hide the others. For each of the bank feed accounts you'd like to hide or ignore, just select Ignore bank feed account. You can learn more about this here: Hide or unhide an account from the Ready to connect section
- Will grouping accounts affect my plan's account limit?
- A grouped account acts as one account towards your account limit in PocketSmith, even if the grouped account includes 5 accounts! Learn more here: Everything you need to know about grouping accounts
- I'm seeing an error on my bank feed, what should I do?
- Try refreshing the connection again. Sometimes you'll need to do this a few times before it fixes itself - most bank feed error issues resolve themselves within 24 hours. See here how to perform a bank feed refresh: Troubleshooting bank feed errors. If refreshing your bank feed fails to fix the issue, get in touch and we'll look into this for you!
- How can I change the currency for an account?
- Navigate to the account you want to change the currency for and click MANAGE ACCOUNT, select Account preferences and select the right currency from the dropdown.
- How can I tell if an account is connected to a bank feed?
- Accounts that are connected to PocketSmith using a Bank feed are called a Bank feed account. If you've created an account in PocketSmith that is only using imported bank files or a cash account, this is called an offline account. If you create an offline account using bank files, you can always add a bank feed to this account down the track if you decide to start importing your transactions with a bank feed!
- Why do some of my accounts say "Offline account" and others say "Bank feed account"?
- Accounts that are connected to PocketSmith using a bank feed are called a Live feed account. If you've created an account in PocketSmith that is only using imported bank files or a cash account, this is called an offline account. If you create an offline account using bank files, you can always add a bank feed to this account down the track if you decide to start importing your transactions with a bank feed!
- Why is my account balance incorrect?
- If your bank feed has been disconnected or experienced errors, your bank feed balance may have been affected - this normally sets your bank feed balance to a manual Calculated Closing Balance based on the last known bank feed balance which may be incorrect.
You can change the displayed bank balance for a bank account in PocketSmith from the Accounts > Account Summary page. Find the bank account you would like to change and click on the MANAGE ACCOUNT link then select the option Balances. In the popup modal, select the correct balance and save your changes!
- What is a “broken” account?
- A broken feed account showing on the Account Summary generally means that the account used to be connected, but is now unable to find the account to which it was connected in the bank feed. This normally happens when an account is closed at the bank, but hasn't been unlinked in PocketSmith. It can also happen if the banking website changes their formatting/design which means that the bank feed doesn't know where to find the accounts anymore!
If nothing has changed at your online banking website, try re-syncing the bank feed to see if you can re-activate the connection to the bank feed account. If that doesn’t work, send us a message!
- The account limit for your PocketSmith subscription
- Everything you need to know about grouping accounts
- Edit the details of your accounts
- Change the display order of your accounts
- Archiving and keeping transactions for old accounts
- The interest settings for an account
- Setting minimum balance alerts for my accounts
- Balance options for an account
- Adding a new account on the Account Summary page
- Adding a bank feed and connecting your accounts
- Add a new account type to a bank feed (bank, credit cards, loans)
- Remove a bank from the Account Summary
- A bank feed is displayed under the wrong bank on the Account Summary
- Everything you need to know about grouping accounts
- Hide or unhide an account from the Ready to connect section
- Delete an account from PocketSmith
- Dealing with a closed bank account in PocketSmith