Edit the details of your accounts
If you need to change some details about your accounts with PocketSmith, such as its name, account type, currency, an import date, or how a bank feed treats deleted transactions, have a read of the information below!
In this user guide
Reasons to change settings in your account preferences
- Sometimes bank feeds can import an account name as the bank account number. You can change the name of an account to be something more meaningful.
- If your account has been imported into PocketSmith with the wrong account type. For example, you may have a loan type account that is incorrectly being displayed as bank type account.
- If the currency for an account is wrong.
- Editing import dates for a bank feed - bank feeds will usually pull in any transactions it can find. But if you'd like, you can choose to import transactions from a specific date going forward.
- In summary, you can edit the following from your Account Preferences/Edit account window
- Account name
- Account type
- Behavior of transactions deleted from bank feed
- Import date for bank feed accounts
Updating account preferences
- Go to the Account Summary page ( Accounts > Account Summary)
- Navigate to bank account that you want to change the preferences for
- Select MANAGE ACCOUNT
- Click on Account Preferences
Adjust your bank account preferences as required
- Click Save