Delete a bank from the Account Summary sidebar
It's easy to delete a bank from the Account Summary sidebar; this user guide will show you how!
In this user guide
- Using the Account Summary
- Why would you want to delete a bank from the Account Summary sidebar?
- How to delete a bank from the sidebar
Using the Account Summary
The Account Summary page ( Accounts > Account Summary) is your go-to for viewing and managing your accounts, assets, and liabilities within PocketSmith.
For a comprehensive guide covering everything you need to know about the Account Summary sidebar, reordering your accounts, importing bank files, viewing and editing the settings on your accounts, and more, please check out: Using the Account Summary page.
Why would you want to delete a bank from the Account Summary sidebar?
You might want to delete a bank from your Account Summary sidebar for the following reasons:
- You closed all of your accounts at a bank, and you no longer want this bank visible in PocketSmith
- You want to combine different banks into one listing within the sidebar
Deleting a bank will delete all of its accounts and bank feed connections. However, if you'd like to keep the accounts, you can move these accounts to another bank during the deletion process.
As mentioned above, deleting a bank from the Account Summary sidebar will permanently delete all of the following features that are associated with this bank:
If deleted, it isn't possible to restore this data, so make sure you no longer need this information before deleting a bank from the sidebar.
How to delete a bank from the sidebar
- Go to the Account Summary page ( Accounts > Account Summary )
- Click on the bank listing from the sidebar
- Hover on Manage in the purple toolbar and select Delete
- If you would like to merge the bank accounts and bank feeds into another bank, select another bank from the drop-down menu, but if you want to delete everything, select Delete all feeds and accounts
- Click DELETE BANK - to confirm this deletion, type DELETE into the prompt, followed by OK