Using the Account Summary page
The Account Summary page (Accounts > Account Summary) allows you to view and manage your accounts, assets, and liabilities within PocketSmith.
Here, you can reorder your accounts, add new bank feeds, import bank files, view and edit the settings on your accounts, or use the date picker to view a snapshot of your accounts on a specific date.
If you have bank feeds, you can also see the status of each of your bank feed accounts. You can check when a bank feed last synced, which accounts are ready to connect, and whether or not there are any connection issues or errors.
In this user guide
Overview of the Account Summary page
We've highlighted the key areas of the Account Summary below:
Bank feeds status
If you have bank feeds connected you'll see your bank feed status at the top of the page.
- The status bar will show whether your bank feeds are syncing, synced, or if there are any errors:
- Click on the arrow to see more detail about when each feed last synced:
Bank feed errors
Any Bank feed errors will show with an orange alert.
- Click on the downward arrow for more information:
For detail on resolving bank feed errors please see: Troubleshooting bank feed errors
Ready to Link
If you're seeing a ' Ready to Link' section, this means that there are accounts available on your bank feed(s) that have not yet been connected to PocketSmith.
- Click on GO to see details of the accounts
For each account displayed here, you can choose to:
- create a new account in PocketSmith,
- connect to an existing offline account in PocketSmith, or,
- ignore the account.
For more information please see: Establishing your bank feed accounts in PocketSmith
Below the Bank feed status, you'll your accounts, as well as assets and liabilities, listed in card format.
An account card shows the account name and current balance, as well as a snapshot of recent account activity:
Recent activity + forecast graph
The line graph shows the account's recent balance history, as well as the forecast balance for the remainder of the month being viewed.
Hover over a point in the graph to see the actual balance (for past dates), or the forecast balance (for future dates) for that day.
- Green in your graph reflects a positive actual balance
- Red in your graph reflects a negative actual balance
- Blue in your graph represents a positive forecast balance
- Brown in your graph represents a negative forecast balance
The income & expense summary
To the right of the graph, you'll see an income expense summary. This summary shows the income and expense totals, and the sum total for the account for the month so far. The circular chart reflects the percentage of income vs expenses. In the above example, expenditure for the month so far is 11% higher than income.
View account transactions
Access the transactions page from the account card in order to see all transactions, or, only uncategorized transactions on the transactions page.
- To view the transactions within the account just click on the Account name,
- To view the uncategorized transactions, click XXX UNCATEGORIZED
Edit account preferences
To edit or view the preferences for an account, click MANAGE ACCOUNT.
For more detail on editing account preferences, please see: Edit the details of your accounts
Change the display order of your accounts
You're able to change the display order of your accounts using the drag handles in the top left corner of each account. Simply drag and drop the accounts into your preferred order.
Adding a new account from the Account Summary page
Use the toolbar to add a new bank feed account or a new offline account from a bank file.
For more detail please see:
Adding accounts without using bank feeds of bank files:
You may wish to add accounts that don't use bank feeds or bank files, such as cash or manual accounts, or scenario-only accounts.
- If you'd like to add a cash account please see: Steps to create a cash account
- To learn how to add a manual account, where you enter data manually please see: Create a transaction account that does not use bank feeds and bank files
- To learn about scenario-only accounts, and how to add them please see: Scenario-only accounts
Options for the Account Summary page
Use the sidebar to view the accounts held with a specific bank, or to view just your assets and liabilities. You can also edit the bank settings, such as the default currency for the bank from here.
Add a new bank
If you want to add an offline account with a new bank, you'll need to create a new bank using the + New bank button first.
For more detail on creating an offline account for a new bank using a bank file, or a manual account check out:
- Importing bank files into a new offline account
- Create a manual transaction account that does not use bank feeds and bank files
Change the month displayed on the Account Summary page
If you'd like to view a snapshot of your accounts on a different date, you can change the month that is being displayed from the toolbar. Just select the year and month you'd like to see from the date selector, or use the arrows to jump back or forward.
Edit bank feeds
You can edit your bank feeds from the Account Summary page by clicking Edit bank feeds, and selecting the feed you'd like to edit.
Instances where you may need to edit your bank feed include:
- Re-entering bank feed credentials - see Change the credentials for my bank feed
- Turning auto-categorization on or off - see Turning Automatic categorization from the bank feed on or off
- Turning pending transactions from a bank feed on or off
- Adjusting a feed's sync options - if you'd like to activate manual sync only, or, force automatic sync for feeds listed as using MFA please see Bank feed sync settings
- Unhide ignored accounts Unhide an account from a bank feed
- Remove or reset bank feeds Reset or Remove a bank feed