Establishing a replacement credit card account
If you have received a replacement credit card which has resulted in a new bank account becoming available for you to add to PocketSmith, it's best to link the new feed account to the existing account in order to avoid duplicate accounts.
In this user guide
Replacement credit card with new account details
If you are sent a replacement credit card with slightly different bank details to your existing credit card account, a new feed account may become available in your online banking for you to add to PocketSmith. This is particularly confusing when the old card still has its own feed account which, may or may not still be importing transactions, and does not show any errors.
To prevent creating duplicate accounts, its best to link the new feed account to the existing account within PocketSmith.
First, the original account will need to be unlinked from the feed. You can then link the new feed account to the original account in order to bring in your most recent transactions, keeping all transactions in one account.
Establishing a replacement credit card with new account details
In order to link the replacement credit card account feed to your existing credit card account in PocketSmith, you'll need to:
- Unlink the old bank feed account, converting this to an offline account
- Link the NEW feed account to the offline account and hide the old feed
- Rename the account if you would like to. This is totally optional!
Step 1. Unlink the bank feed from the old feed account
- Head to the Account Summary page ( Accounts > Account Summary) and navigate to the account you'd like to unlink from the bank feed
MANAGE ACCOUNT, then select
Unlink from feed
- You will then be asked to confirm that you would like to unlink the bank feed from the account.
Step 2. Link the new feed account to the existing offline account, and hide the old feed
Your unlinked feed accounts, both for the old card and the new, will now show in the Ready to link section. You'll need to link the NEW feed account to the existing offline account. You'll then need to hide the OLD feed account.
Click GO in the Ready to link section
existing offline account to the
new account feed by selecting the
new feed account from the drop-down, then click
Your available unlinked feed accounts will be shown.
Deselect the old bank feed then click NEXT . This will hide the old feed account.
Your new feed account will now have been linked to the original account, and any new credit card transactions will continue to be imported into this account.
Step 3. Updating the account name (optional)
If the account name has changed with the replacement of the card you may like to update the name to suit. To do this:
- Head to the Account Summary page ( Accounts > Account Summary)
- Navigate to bank account that you'd like to rename, and select MANAGE ACCOUNT > Account preferences
- Edit the account name, then click Save