Re-adding bank feeds and re-connecting your accounts following account downgrade
If your paid PocketSmith subscription has lapsed your account will be downgraded to a basic account. As a result of the downgrade, your bank feed accounts may have been converted to offline accounts.
This user guide shows you how to re-add your bank feeds and re-connect your existing accounts following an account downgrade.
In this user guide
Bank feed accounts change to offline accounts following an account downgrade
If the subscription for a paid PocketSmith account has lapsed, any bank feeds connected to the account will also expire after 14 days. This means that if you re-subscribe to a paid plan after your account has lapsed for a period greater than 14 days, any bank feed accounts will have been converted to offline accounts.
Once you've upgraded to a paid plan, you will need to re-add your bank feed then re-connect your bank feed accounts to the existing accounts within PocketSmith (that were converted to offline accounts while your subscription lapsed).
Re-adding a bank feed to your PocketSmith account
- Choose from the suggested options, or enter your bank in the search field and click Search
If your bank feed is one of our "Most used" bank feeds, we'll display this for you. If this is the bank feed you'd like to add, select Add bank feed (jump to step 5)
If you don't see your bank, click See all search results
If you selected See all search results, PocketSmith will display a list of all matching bank feeds for your country. If you are searching for a bank that is from a different country, click See all search results for all countries.
Tick the check-boxes for the bank feeds you would like to add and then click Add selected feeds.
If you are not sure whether one of the bank feeds shown is the one you are looking for, click the house icon to see if the listed website URL matches your bank
- In the form, enter your online banking credentials for the chosen bank
- Select the account types you hold with that bank (credit cards, banking, loans etc). For example, if you don't have any loan type accounts, deselect the Loans checkbox.
On the bottom of the form, PocketSmith will ask whether or not you want the bank feed to:
Check or uncheck the appropriate options for you.
Ensure that the bank feed credential form isn’t being auto-filled by your browser or a password manager. If the wrong credentials are sent repeatedly, you could get you locked out of your online banking site.
- Click Connect The bank feed will then sync to Pocketsmith. You can see the progress on the Account Summary page. This can take a few minutes to establish.
You'll know the sync has been successful when the status changes to Synced.
Connecting your bank account to an existing account in PocketSmith
Once your bank feed has been re-connected and the sync is complete, your available bank accounts will appear in the Ready to connect section and you can connect them to your existing offline accounts
Follow the directions below to get your accounts re-connected:
Click the down arrow on the Ready to connect section
For each of the bank accounts that you'd like to re-connect edit the following fields:
- Account: click the down arrow and select one of your existing accounts
- Balance: select the balance option that suits you
- Import from: select the date you'd like to start the import from
- Overlaps: if the import day you've chosen is before the date of any existing transactions in the account, it's important to select this option to prevent any duplicate transactions.
Click Create account
Head to the Account Summary page ( Accounts > Account Summary)
Find the account which needs to be updated
- Click MANAGE ACCOUNT > Upload bank file
- If you're importing a CSV file, choose a CSV format or create new format and assign the columns appropriately
You'll notice some different options can apply to the import. Make sure you chose the option
Replace transactions on overlapping dates
It's important that the correct option is selected here, otherwise, duplicate transactions may be created. See: Bank file import options
Select Import my transactions
Using bank files to import missing transactions
Once your bank feed accounts are reconnected, the bank feed will gather any recent transactions (up to 90 days) and import these into your account. However, if your accounts have been offline for more than 90 days, you'll need to use bank files to fill in gaps in your transaction history.
To import bank files into your account, you'll first need to download bank from your online banking as detailed here: Preparing your bank files & accepted file types.
Once this is complete, you'll be able to upload your file to the corresponding PocketSmith account.