The Dashboard provides you with a quick overview of your money. You'll find information about your accounts, transactions budgets and an overview of your income/expense categories.
Want to know the balance of your accounts across all your banks? The Accounts module shows you balances for all your accounts, liabilities and assets. For more detail about category-based spending and earning, look out for that tasty Earning and spending donut and hover over each slice to see the breakdown 🍩! Don't forget those budgets, though - see how you're doing in Your active budgets 👛.
- Why are some categories missing from the earning and spending pie chart?
- This may be because the category has been set up as a Transfer category, or due to the transactions themselves being marked as transfers.
By default, transfer categories, and transfer transactions are hidden from the earning and spending pie chart. If the missing category should not be set up as a transfer category, you can learn how to edit this here: Editing and deleting categories
If your transactions are not within a transfer category, but have been incorrectly marked as transfers, please get in touch and we can take a look!
- Why is one of my expense categories showing as income (or vice versa)?
- If one of your expense categories is incorrectly showing in the income section of the earning and spending pie chart it’s likely that the category’s refund behaviour has been set incorrectly. To fix this, change the category's refund behavior to Always expense, all credits are refunds.
Similarly, if an income category is showing as an expense, change the category's refund behavior to Always income, all debits are deductions
- Why are some of my budgets not showing under ‘Your active budgets’?
- This section of the Dashboard shows all of your budgets that have at least one transaction assigned to them during that budget's current budget period.
The period associated with each budget is dependant on the period assigned when creating the budget. Hovering over a category’s budget bar on the Budget page will show the period set for that particular budget and how many days are remaining.