Calendar & Forecasting
Create 30-year financial projections in minutes: every budget contributes to your forecast.
By adding budgets you'll see how your planned earning and spending affects your finances at any date on the Calendar - weeks, months, or even up to 30 years into the future.
After you've created budgets, you can easily adjust them on the calendar to get closer to your financial goals. The forecasting graph at the top of the Calendar page shows you forecasted balances for all your accounts - this is especially handy for planning the purchase of big-ticket items, such as a new phone 📞, a new car 🚗, or even a house 🏡 !
Why is there is a spike or dip in my forecast graph?
There’s a few reasons why this might be happening - if you notice this, please just get in touch and we can look into this further for you!
Can I extend the time period displayed on the forecast graph?
You sure can! You can extend the forecast graph to see up to 10 (Premium plan), or 30 (Super plan) years in the future! Check out: Extend the time period of the forecast graph
- Creating a budget and forecast
- Using scenarios for forecasting
- Setting up goals for savings
- Create new scenarios or delete existing scenarios
- Balance correction events on the calendar
- Balance graph shows big difference between forecasted and actual balances
- Budget events not changing the forecast balance on the calendar
- Using secondary scenarios
- Incorrect forecast when transaction doesn't occur on same day as budget
- Change the daily forecast balance on the calendar
- Recalculate the forecast manually when editing the calendar
- Viewing the actual transactions and balances on the calendar
- Only using the calendar in PocketSmith and not importing transactions
- Grouped accounts balance correction calculation
- Extend the time period of the forecast graph
- Viewing the forecast calendar in an external application or website
- Alert when forecasted balance is below minimum balance
- Moving a budget event to another month on the calendar
- Change the scenarios shown on the calendar
- Print the calendar
- Past budget events not showing on the calendar