Reviewing imported transactions
Reviewing your transactions on the Awaiting Confirmation page is a useful way to double-check categorization and edits made to your transactions. There are a number of reviewing options so you can either review all, some or no transactions all.
In this article
Reviewing your transactions
Reviewing transactions on the Awaiting Confirmation page lets you check that your recently imported transactions are looking their best 👌
Why should I review transactions?
Reviewing transactions is entirely optional, but we recommend it for the following reasons:
- 🔃 Review transactions that PocketSmith has detected and marked as a transfer-type transaction
- 👓 Ensure that all elements of your transactions are recorded in PocketSmith to your preference
- 🔧 Review transactions that have been modified by automatic categorization, category rules or filters to ensure that these are being applied correctly
The Awaiting Confirmation page lets you approve each transaction with an OK ✅ button. You can choose whether you review every single transaction that is imported into PocketSmith or just a specific type of transaction. For example, you might only want to review transactions that have been categorized using automatic categorization from the Bank Feeds.
Steps to review your transactions
- Head to the Transactions page ( Accounts > Transactions)
Awaiting confirmation from the sidebar
If you want to make any changes while reviewing your transactions, select the transaction to open the transaction card, make your edits, then click
OK to approve each transaction
Alternatively, you can approve
all transactions in one go by clicking
Transaction reviewing options
You can either review all transactions that are imported into PocketSmith, or you can choose from a few different review options.
Because your transactions can be automatically categorized in two main ways: by the bank feed or bank file, or from your own category rules and filters. You have the option to choose which of these automatically-categorized transactions to review.
PocketSmith attempts to automatically mark your transfer transactions so that you don't need to do this manually or with filters. You have the option to review this automatic marking or not.
- I want to review all new transactions
- I don't want to review any automatic categorization
Review no automatic categorization at all
- I want to review transactions categorized by the bank feed service or my bank
Only review the categorization applied to a transaction from the bank feed or if your bank file contains categories
I want to review transactions categorized by either the bank feed system, my bank, or my own rules and filters
Review transactions that are categorized automatically in any way
I want to review transfers automatically detected by PocketSmith
Changing the transaction reviewing option
- Head to Settings > User Preferences > Transaction reviewing
Choose from the available options
- Click Save