Confirming imported transactions
Confirming your transactions on the Awaiting Confirmation page is a useful way to double-check categorization and edits made to your transactions. There are a number of confirming options - you can choose all transactions, some transactions, or, no transactions at all, to be reviewed for confirmation.
In this user guide
Confirming your transactions
Confirming transactions on the Awaiting Confirmation page lets you check that your recently imported transactions are looking their best 👌
Why should I confirm transactions?
Confirming transactions is entirely optional, but we recommend it for the following reasons:
- 🔃 Review transactions that PocketSmith has detected and marked as a transfer-type transaction
- 👓 Ensure that all elements of your transactions are recorded in PocketSmith to your preference
- 🔧 Review transactions that have been modified by automatic categorization, category rules or filters to ensure that these are being applied correctly
The Awaiting Confirmation page lets you approve each transaction with an OK ✅ button. You can choose whether you confirm every single transaction that is imported into PocketSmith or just a specific type of transaction. For example, you might only want to confirm transactions that have been categorized using automatic categorization from the Bank Feeds.
Steps to confirm your transactions
- Head to the Transactions page ( Accounts > Transactions)
Awaiting confirmation from the sidebar
If you want to make any changes while confirming your transactions, select the transaction to open the transaction card, make your edits, then click
OK to confirm each transaction
Alternatively, you can confirm
all transactions in one go by clicking
Transaction confirming options
You can either choose to review all transactions that are imported into PocketSmith to confirm, or you can choose from a few different other options.
Because your transactions can be automatically categorized in two main ways: by the bank feed or bank file, or from your own category rules and filters. You have the option to choose which of these automatically-categorized transactions to review for confirmation.
PocketSmith attempts to automatically mark your transfer transactions so that you don't need to do this manually or with filters. You have the option to confirm this automatic marking or not.
- I want to confirm all new transactions
- I don't want to confirm any automatic categorization
Confirm no automatic categorization at all
- I want to confirm transactions categorized by the bank feed service or my bank
Only confirm the categorization applied to a transaction from the bank feed or if your bank file contains categories
I want to confirm transactions categorized by either the bank feed system, my bank, or my own rules and filters
Confirm transactions that are categorized automatically in any way
I want to confirm transfers automatically detected by PocketSmith
Changing the transaction confirming option
- Head to Settings > User Preferences > Transaction confirming
Choose from the available options:
- Click Save