Reset or Remove a bank feed
Learn how to reset or remove a bank feed from your PocketSmith account. Resetting or removing a bank feed will delete the credentials stored with our bank feed provider, Yodlee.
This won't delete any accounts or transactions within PocketSmith but will stop any future imports from this bank feed.
In this user guide
The difference between resetting and removing a bank feed
Resetting a bank feed
This will remove the bank feed from all linked accounts within PocketSmith and remove the credentials but will allow you to easily re-enter the credentials to re-connect the same bank feed.
This option might be useful if:
- you've entered more than one set of credentials for the same bank and you're unable to distinguish between these sets of credentials when encountering a credential error
- you've cross-connected your accounts - ie. you've connected the wrong bank feed account to an account within PocketSmith when linking a bank feed to existing offline accounts
Removing a bank feed
This will completely remove the bank feed from PocketSmith. Any accounts from that bank feed will be changed to offline accounts and, if you want to re-add it, you will need to add it as a new bank feed as shown here: Adding a bank feed and connecting your account
This option may be useful in the following situations:
- you've switched banks and no longer want to try to bring in new transactions from your old bank
- you've accidentally added duplicate bank feeds, and wish to remove the additional feed
If you're not sure which option is right for you, contact support and we can guide you.
Steps to reset or remove a bank feed
- Go to the Account Summary page ( Accounts > Account Summary)
Hover on Edit bank feeds and select the bank feed you want to reset or remove
- Select Remove or Reset bank feed from the left menu
Click Reset Online Banking ID or Remove this bank feed
- Confirm that you want to reset or remove the bank feed