Overview of the Income & Expense statementThe Income & Expense statement is like a businesses Profit & Loss (P&L) statement. It shows a breakdown of your income and expenses into different categories, for any chosen date range.
The different areas of the page:
- Date picker in the toolbar - this allows you to easily select the date period for the Income & Expense statement. Select a default value or a custom range
- Account sidebar - You can refine the statement to a specific account or show for all accounts.
- Title - Displays the name of the report, as well as the accounts and date range it covers.
- Income - Your income categories and the total actual and budgeted amounts per category, as well as your total income.
- Expense - Your expense categories and the total actual and budgeted amounts per category, as well as your total expenses.
- Net Income - Your total income minus your total expenses, for both your actual and budgeted transactions.
- Orange warning next to category - This shows that the actual transactions for this expense category are more than the budgeted amount