Linking feed accounts to brand new accounts
Once you've added a feed in PocketSmith, your accounts from your online banking will be available in the feed. We call these "feed accounts", and they need to be linked to accounts within PocketSmith for you to start tracking your transactions and balances.
You can either link these feed accounts to existing accounts you've already created in PocketSmith, or create new accounts during the linking process.
Simultaneously creating and linking accounts is a straightforward process, and you might be able to just follow your nose on completing this task. If you'd prefer a step-by-step guide, the guide below is just for you!
Already have accounts imported into PocketSmith?
If you already have existing accounts in PocketSmith belonging to the bank you're connecting a feed for, we recommend following this guide: Linking feed accounts to existing accounts.
Steps to link your accounts to brand new accounts
Manage Feeds page, click on the
LINK ACCOUNTS button as shown below
- If you want to create new accounts in PocketSmith for all unlinked feed accounts, then leave all dropdowns at their default "Create new account in PocketSmith".
- Then click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page.
- If you'd prefer to ignore some feed accounts for now, you can use the dropdown to select Don't link for now. This will mean that the feed account isn't created in PocketSmith right away, but is available for you to do so in the future, if you wish.
- This is a good option if you'd like to create just the important accounts in PocketSmith, and stay under any account limits for your subscription.
- If you have any existing accounts that you don't wish to link to these feed accounts, you'll notice that they are also available in the dropdowns, regardless of which bank they may belong to. Be sure not to accidentally select these accounts, as this will lead to incorrect account linking.
- Once you've chosen which accounts you want to create, click SUBMIT.
- Nice one! You've linked your accounts in PocketSmith! Head to the Transactions page to view the transactions that were imported.