Shared access on your PocketSmith account
PocketSmith's shared access feature, otherwise known as, Advisor Access, allows you to invite another PocketSmith user - who could be an advisor, friend or family member - to access and manage your account alongside you without having to share your login details.
In this user guide
How it works
You can invite someone to share access to your PocketSmith account so that you can both manage and perform actions on the one account whilst having separate logins. Anyone who has Advisor Access enabled on your account will have full permissions and can do all the same things that you are able to do.
In order to enable Advisor Access, an invitation is sent from the account of the user (User A) who will be sharing access with another (User B). Both parties will need to have a PocketSmith account in order for Advisor Access to work.
The recipient receives the invitation via email, asking if they would like to accept or decline Advisor Access. Once accepted, the recipient will need to sign in to their own PocketSmith account, where they will now have access to User A's account from their account profile (in the top right corner) under Manage Clients. You will be able to see a list of times when the recipient has accessed your account.
People you might want to have Advisor Access to your account:
- Financial advisor
- Other family members
If the person being invited to manage the account wishes to use PocketSmith solely for the purpose of shared access, they can create a free account, with no need to add any bank accounts or data.
It's not currently possible for someone with Advisor access to manage another user's account via the mobile app. They will need to use the Web app in order to make use of this feature.
Setting up Advisor Access
Here are the steps to invite another user (User B) to have advisor access to your account:
- Head to Settings > Access control
- Choose Invite someone from the side panel
Enter the email address of the person (User B) you'd like to invite to have shared access to your account and click
- User B will receive an email from PocketSmith, inviting them to manage your account
User B will click on the link in the email to accept your invitation. They
will need to have a PocketSmith account set up in order to accept the invitation. There will be another link ("
create one here") in the email where they can set up a PocketSmith account if they do not already have one
- After clicking to Accept or Decline, User B will be prompted to sign into their PocketSmith account. Once signed in, they will be taken to a page where they will click Accept invitation
User B will now have access to your account. They just need to log in to their account and head to
Account control >
Account access and click
Manage beside your email address.
Alternatively, they can access your account at any time using the
Manage Clients option, from their Profile menu on the top right of their PocketSmith account
- When User B is managing your account, the profile name will change to Managing Johnny Appleseed. They can return to their own account by selecting Stop managing - return to your account from the Profile menu.
Revoking Advisor Access
- Head to Settings > Access control > Account access
- Select Revoke Access beside the user you'd like to no longer have access to your PocketSmith account
In the modal that appears, select