Importing accounts and transactions from Pocketbook
PocketSmith has a range of tools that makes moving from Pocketbook a breeze. Use the custom PocketBook that allows you to import your Pocketbook transactional data directly into PocketSmith, meaning all your accounts and categorization will also be imported ✨
Also, check out our blog post all about migrating from Pocketbook to PocketSmith, here: Moving From Pocketbook to PocketSmith. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through getting your transaction data imported via the Pocketbook Express, then using our auto-budget tool to set up your budgets based on past spending, and getting your accounts hooked up to a feed again.
In this user guide
Exporting your accounts and transactions from Pocketbook
To start, you will need to export your transactions from Pocketbook so that you can import them into PocketSmith.
Pocketbook provides you with a CSV file that you can export. The export contains all your transactions, categories, labels, and financial institutions stored in Pocketbook. You can import this CSV file into PocketSmith to get all this data imported at once. Just follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Pocketbook account
Once logged in, click on Transactions in the top tool bar.
Click on the Export (CSV) button at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar of Pocketbook’s transaction page.
- This will start the download of a CSV file containing all your Pocketbook data. Save this to your computer and move on to the next step!
Importing your Pocketbook files into your PocketSmith account
Once you’ve created your account at PocketSmith, you’re all set to get your Pocketbook data imported. We’ve got an express Pocketbook import tool that accepts Pocketbook CSV data files and creates all your existing categories, transactions, accounts, and financial institutions you had with Pocketbook.
If you’ve just started with PocketSmith, you’ll be on the “Let’s get started” screen. Select Bring your own data.
Then select MOVE FROM ANOTHER APP
Select Pocketbook from the selection of apps
Drag-and-drop your Pocketbook CSV files directly onto the page, or click Choose file to select the file from your computer.
PocketSmith will display a summary of your transactions, accounts and financial institutions, along with your categories as they were in Pocketbook. If everything looks good, click Yes, continue importing
- Wait for your files to be processed 🤓
Set your balances. Once your data has been imported, you'll need to set the current balances of the imported accounts as the CSV file from Pocketbook does not contain this data. This ensures that the balances within PocketSmith are correct immediately after import.
- Click Save and continue when completed, and just like that, rejoice! Your Pocketbook data is now in PocketSmith! 🎉
- For next steps, check out our blog post all about migrating from Pocketbook to PocketSmith, here: Moving From Pocketbook to PocketSmith. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through using our auto-budget tool to set up your budgets based on past spending, and getting your accounts hooked up to a bank feed.